Want to know how to eat in order to slow your body’s ageing & live longer?
A new book has been published by scientist Dr Valter Longo PhD entitled
“The Longevity Diet” which gives you his dietary recommendations based on his decades of scientific research into the subject of healthy ageing.
Here is a peak at what he suggests as your Day to Day Longevity Diet:
- Eat lots of fresh low carb vegetables at every meal, & one or two pieces of fruit daily
- Include Fish 3 times a week, with occasional pasture-raised eggs, occasional dairy products like butter (grass-fed of course), occasional goat and sheep cheeses and yogurts - both delicious
- Unprocessed grains and legumes a couple of times a week (not processed breakfast cereal out of a box)
- Protein in the diet is recommended to be about 0.8g protein per kg body weight for longevity. So for example in a 55kg woman this would be 44g protein. To give you an idea what this means, there is 25g of protein in a 100g piece of fish, and 7g of protein in one egg or in 23 almonds (a smallish handful)
- Eat within a window of 12 hours or less – if breakfast is at 6am, have dinner by 6pm
- Fats should come mainly from plants like olive oil (2 - 3 tablespoons a day), avocados, nuts (aprox 23 almonds daily), coconuts (as coconut oil, coconut cream), also from fatty fish like sardines, anchovies & salmon, occasional whole eggs and sheep/goat dairy products.
- No processed or packaged food at all
- A multivitamin and a fish oil supplement are also suggested
call Karen Emans on 0408748532