What is Authentic Happiness and how would you rate your daily happiness quotient out of 10?
It’s a measure of life satisfaction and that feeling of deep-seated well-being, & according to experts it does not come from just a couple of factors but from a number of interconnected things that usually appear together.
Dan Witters is the director of research at the ‘Gallup-Sharecare Well-being Index’ which has been surveying communities in America since 2008 about what brings people happiness.
These are some of the factors he says are most important:
10 Interconnected Happiness Triggers
- You enjoy using your strengths to do what you do best every day
- You set meaningful goals and accomplish them regularly
- You feel safe in your community
- You have enough money to do what you want to do
- You learn something interesting often
- You are actively involved your community
- You eat healthy food including 5 serves of fruit and veggies at least 5 days a week
- You do 30 mins of aerobic exercise at least 3 days a week & are normal weight
- You make time for uplifting shared experiences with friends or family
- You are active and feel productive every day
They don’t seem too difficult to incorporate into life do they – are there one or two things from the list you could do to increase your experience of authentic happiness?
If you have unresolved stresses that are interfering with your current happiness perhaps Kinesiology can help
– call Sunshine Coast Kinesiologist Steve Emans on 0412252321 to make an appointment